Answering Frequently Asked Legal Questions for Anderson Clients
At William C. Hood, Attorney At Law, we understand there are many reasons that may prompt you to seek the services of a lawyer. Since 1978, we have worked serving individuals and families in Anderson, providing them with trusted legal representation and real experience. We strive to give each client professional service and personal attention, all at a reasonable cost.
If you are looking to speak with a lawyer, you might have many questions. We have many years of experience and will offer friendly, useful advice. Some of the frequently asked questions we receive include:
- I was hurt on the job. How long do I have to make a claim?
- It is important to let your supervisor know right away if you are injured. In general, however, you have two years to file a claim.
- I am getting my weekly benefits and getting medical treatment. Should I still consider hiring an attorney?
- Yes, it can still be very beneficial. The insurance company will try to compensate you with the least amount of money possible, and they choose to send you to specific doctors with that goal in mind.
- How long does it take to get a divorce?
- After you have filed a petition, there is a waiting period of six months. After that, the divorce can be finalized.
- How can a marriage be annulled?
- Grounds for annulment include physical incapacity, fraud, underage, incest, unsound mind, force or bigamy.
Trusted Legal Counsel Available Now
We have practical experience to help you find solutions to your problems. We have happily served the Anderson area for nearly 40 years and will be glad to answer any of your questions. For attorney FAQ regarding family law, workers’ compensation, elder law, real estate and more, call us at 864-375-0530.